Corona Virus Symptoms prevention and treatment
corona virus symptoms prevention and treatment
Coronavirus are deadly viruses:
Coronaviruses are RNA-enveloped viruses belong to family Coronaviridae¸ they are named Corona for the crown like spikes on its surface. They causes diseases in mammals, birds and humans. Coronavirues has 4 main sub-groups, called as alpha, beta, gamma & delta.
Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s. The seven coronaviruses that can infect people are:
Human coronaviruses are:
- 229E (α)
- NL63 (α)
- OC43 (β)
- HKU1 (β)
- MERS-CoV (β)
- SARS-CoV (β)
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
A novel (new) coronavirus is identified in Wuhan in mid-December 2019, Hubei Province, China, by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). It has a distinctive pathogenesis, it effects both lower and upper respiratory tracts.
Throat Swollen Adenoids
Shortness of Breath
And can also cause pneumonia,
Symptoms of 2019-nCoV may appear in 2–14 days after exposure to the virus.
Coronaviruses are common in several diverse types of animals, comprising bats, cats, camels and cattle. The virus can also spreads person-to-person, mostly via respiratory droplets, some of them are extremely contagious, while other viruses are not that much.
It is very significant to recognize and understand the risk linked with this virus.
Currently, there is no vaccine to prevent Corona 2019-nCoV infection. However, to avoid being exposed to this virus is the best way of prevention. CDC always recommended preventive actions are:
· Close contact should be avoided with people who are infected.
- Evade touching your nose, eyes and mouth with unwashed and bare hands.
- Hands should be washed out for at least 20 seconds often with soap. If water and soap are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Frequently touched objects and surfaces should be clean and disinfect as soon as possible.
- When you are sick, don’t go out stay at home.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue.
- Avoid public places and gathering.
- Wear gloves and surgical mask for protection
There is no proper treatment recommended for 2019-nCoV corona infection. People infected with this virus should get helpful care to help relieve symptoms. In a severe cases, treatment is to support vital organ functions.